I Rent Hammond Organs!

I just got back from picking up my rental organ. I usually get a call about once a year regarding my organ. I rented my Hammond Xk3 out this week to a women's conference that ended tonight. They said it sounded great! The Leslie 2101 filled up the room wonderfully. I use a Behringer speaker with a 250W amp and a 15" speaker that is in charge of the low end.

Renting is not for everyone. If your church or event does not have access to an organ, and it is only for a day or a few, then renting may be for you. If your church already has an organ but it needs some work, you are usually better of spending the money on getting it fixed. All of us who own vintage Hammond organs have to be stewards of the instrument. They aren't going to make these tone wheels again.

After I got my A100, I thought about the idea of selling the Xk3. But when I consider what I paid for it and what it is worth now, I've decided to hold onto it. Besides, I have not had much trouble with the instrument. Which makes it an excellent choice for not only rental but to use it as my performance instrument. And I would rather move the Xk3, rather than the pristine vintage Hammond I have.

I have a roadworthy 145 that I'm going to get built up within a few weeks. I have heard these Xk3s thru 145s and they are sound incredible.

If you church is looking for a quality organ for your next special event, get in contact with me. Would be happy to show your musician around on the instrument.  It is currently set up in Little Rock near University.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's This Girl

Being a Church Musician