Being a Church Musician

Being a church musician is a different thing. I come here about two hours every day to try to continue to grow and learn different things about my instrument. But on Sunday, it doesn't matter really if I can play this cool chord or play a certain group of notes 2% faster than last week. On Sunday, there are people with all kinds of things on their mind. Money, family, etc, things we don't know about. They sre coming here looking for answers, looking for God in their lives. So we just try to help people put their focus on God and try to inspire them to do and be their best for another week. Maybe I don't get to try out all my jazz chops and licks. But if someone can be inspired to live into their life and their calling and live into their relationship with God, and if I in anyway helped that, that's what really counts.
Did you notice the cross on the back wall? Keep your focus on the cross!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's This Girl

I Rent Hammond Organs!